Sunday 17 April 2011

Hi, I'm the Bully Girl

Hi fellow bloggers,
Let me first say that I may not be the best blogger out there, and updating blogs is a challenge for me as I'm always busy.  As my profile says, I'm one of two Founders of BullyingCanada.  I chose to call my blog TheBullyGirl because when people see me on the street and forget my name, that's what I get "hey! You're the bully girl!"  Well, I'm not the 'bully' girl. I'm the anti-bullying girl.
I'll share my story more in the blogs to come but I was bullied very badly growing up in the small town that I grew up in.  Don't think it was as bad as I'm making it out to be?  Well, we'll see when I share more stories.  Basically, I had people threaten and try to kill me and to tell the truth at one point, I was also ready to kill myself.
Bullying isn't a normal part of growing up.  It's a dark alley at night when you're disoriented and can't find a way out.  It's the worst feeling you've ever felt and the emptiest you will ever feel.  School becomes jail and the dirt on the bottom of your shoe becomes far more valuable than you.  The people you thought were your friends turn on you and hurt you in the worst way possible and you learn at a very young age to trust no one.
People hear bullying and don't think much.  People hear elder, spousal and child abuse and think about how awful it is.  Ever stop to think that those abusers were likely bullies in school?  Maybe that's some food for thought that will lighten your view, so you can clearly see how serious bullying is and what it becomes when nothing gets done about it. 
TBG

No comments:

Post a Comment